Monday, June 29, 2009

I Brought Bread Mama!

"I brought bread Mama!"

That's what we usually hear whenever Tito Ram visits us here in Novaliches. This guy has a very contagious laughter and his shoulders shake whenever he cracks jokes. I remember Mamu telling me that Tito Ram once told him that among my siblings, I am his favorite.

Growing up, I wasn't really able to share a lot of conversations with him. Because maybe, I was too shy to converse in English back then. Plus the fact that we rarely or rather, we only see him and Anj during special family gatherings. But something I won't forget about this guy is how he granted me a favor almost two years ago. When I was about to start with my business, I needed an air condition unit. His work is in line with sales so I gave him a call and asked him if he can arrange a 6 months 0% interest plan for the 1.5HP that I was about to purchase at Abenson. Most shops were offering only 3 months 0% interest plan. And he gladly did it for me. He called up the officers at Abenson and my request was granted. Until now, I am still using that AC unit for my shop.


CREDIT:
FRAME from Sunscrap by Niiki and Mil
FLOWER from
Sunscrap by Niiki and Mil
FONT Bitch Cakes


Today, I am honored that I was able to witness an Indian tradition of laying a family member to his resting place. I went to Tito Ram's wake at Don Bosco Makati with Kuya Dennis. Mamu was already there when we arrived. Her vacation was cut short because of this incident. Luckily, they were able to book a flight for her back in Manila Sunday night. I was greatly touched by Angela's speech during the Eulogy. She talked about her bonding moments with her Dad and described him as "He is my world". I felt a pinch in my heart when she shared with us that she doesn't want to go home because everything there will remind her of her Dad.
I hope in time Anj will be able to recover from this sad moment. Angela is a tough girl. I know she will get by...


CREDIT:Justify FullFRAME by Cindy Doerksen

I took this photo of Anj and Tito Ram during Melvin's graduation Party. That same night, he was asking everyone the question, "When will we see eachother again?". Little did we know that that will be the last time that we will ever see him. Leaving us at the age of 71, I know he was able to live a good life.


No comments: