Monday, September 7, 2009

Tatay Rey at 65

A few weeks before Tatay's birthday, I was having this YM conversation with Ate Mi. She was telling me that she's feeling sad again, now that Tay's birthday is just a few winks away. I came to realize that I was not able to join any of Tatay's previous bday celebrations in the past years. Back then, I would just help Rellie find the perfect gift. I may be a little too late this year... but I hope Tatay enjoyed looking at the white flowers I brought him from Dangwa. I'm sure he is having a merry celebration up there with our Lord.


Happy Birthday Tay!!!


CREDIT:
PAPER from Emma Kit by Amy Watson
FRAME

After the 6AM mass, we went to visit Tay to offer flowers and prayers, and to simply just be with him though he can't be with us physically. Some of his Teacher friends were also there to celebrate with us. They also brought flowers for Tatay. It was really nice of them to still remember.


CREDIT:
PAPER by Rhonna Farrer
TAG by Rhonna Farrer


CREDIT:
FRAME by Hannah
WORDART by Choukette

Rellie has been putting up a strong front since Tatay died. Every now and then he would tell me he misses Tay and that there are time when he would just sit and think of him. I know how tough this is for him, being the favorite child... growing up close to both his parents... I know he hasn't healed yet.

That day when we visited Tay, he opened up to me about one of his dreams. One night, when we were still in Singapore, Rellie dreamt about Tatay Rey. The dream wasn't that clear but when he woke up, he started crying. Hearing this story really broke my heart. I remember that night, I was sleeping next to him. But I didn't know that he woke up in the middle of the night and cried.

Hang in there... everything will soon be alright.


CREDIT:
QUICKPAGE by Hannah


For now, all I can do is hold your hand...


No comments: