Sunday, September 13, 2009

Back from Pixie Hollow

It's ALX's 7th Birthday!!!

Celebrating in her cute wings and petal skirt, she invited her fairy friends, the pirates, the lost boys, the redskins and the sparrow men.

CREDIT:
FRAME by Danielle Engebretson Designs

Yesterday, we went to Dad's Glorietta to celebrate with Alx. Though puyat from attaching fringe trim to my costume, I was already at the venue by 10:30AM to help decorate together with Fe, Ric-Ric and L.A. I was also able to finish the AVP before the party actually started. Cramming!

The party was great. Alx' friends and classmates are in costumes too. Raven look good on his Pirate costume while the girls dressed up as Pixie Hollow fairies.


CREDIT:
TEMPLATE by Danielle Engebretson Designs
FLOWERS from Origami Kit by Akiloune
PAPER from Lemonberry Fizz by Kimi's Kreations
PAPER from Quincy Garden Club by Amanda Thorderson

I figured, even if I put on fairy wings... I don't look like a fairy, hahaha! Negra kasi! So I came up with this outfit and everyone loved it. I was able to pull up as Tiger Lily. To refresh your memories on who Tiger Lily is (lifted from Wikipedia)... she's the princess of the Piccaninny Tribe of Indians (Native Americans) living on the island of Neverland. In the Disney version Tiger Lily is kidnapped by Captain Hook and Smee. Hook threatens to kill her if she does not tell him Peter's hiding place. She remains silent, as she does through the whole movie, refusing to betray Peter. She is saved by Peter Pan and he takes her to her tribe.


CREDIT:
PHOTOMASK by Bouille

That's Tiger Lily with uhmmn... with a bystander! Rellie's supposed to dress up as Mr. Smee but he's LATE, thus, the tambay look, haha! I was looking forward pa naman to this photo op... boo! He knows I was disappointed at him for wasting the pirate props I bought him. But I can't afford to stay mad kasi he brought the (very long) feather (I placed in my head) to complete my outfit. As in binunot from his favorite panabong (fighting cock). So now he's forgiven.

Kakatawa talaga, even one of the waiters approached me and said, "Ma'am bagay po sa inyo ung costume nyo. Kamukha nyo po talaga si Pocahontas!" Hahaha, toink! Ayos!

The not so young ones are also in costumes. They dressed up as elements of the wild. Fab talaga!


CREDIT:
FRAME by Hannah

Here's Inang Elo, she looks young in her blouse with butterfly print.


CREDIT:
PAPER from Happy Birthday Harmony Kit by Melanie Ann Designs

We had fun at the party. More pics can be found here. Went home full of pixie dusts and happy thoughts!

No comments: