Monday, October 6, 2008

a visit to the hospital and my boobtube

A very early SMS from Kuks woke me up saying he was sorry for acting weird last night. See... I was right, he was so drunk, he started a fight and decided to hang up the phone when he doesn't have any strength left for argument. Which left me tossing and turning in my bed, trying my best to cath some sleep. But I'm too upset and mad to have a decent one. Anyway, at least now he was sorry. He called me up before lunch and I tried to bring out the issue again but he just laughed it off. Kuks na Kuks. Still denying that he was too drunk to think straight. Anyway, he's on a self-declared holiday today kasi he wanted to rest daw. Asus... may hangover siguro pero ayaw pa din umamin! And as a peace offering... instead of staying home, we decided to visit Mels' Mom at St. Luke's.

We met up at the Hospital's lobby and proceeded to the waiting area at the ICU. But we can't find Mels. I was trying to call her mobile but she won't pick up my calls. So Kuks and I decided to eat meryenda na lang at Greenwich and just wait for Mels' reply... or worst come to worst... baka umuwi kami ng nde man lang sya nakita. After 48 years, nag-reply naman sya. She fell asleep pala. After eating, we went back to the ICU, and a tired Mels was already waiting near the stairs. Puzzled, she asked, "Rel, wala kang pasok!?!" Hay.. bru.. may sarili syang calendar of Holidays =) We stayed there for an hour lang siguro. Kasi there's no place to stay, naka-tayo lang kami outside ICU, nakasandal lang sa wall kasi madami ring mga relatives ng patients na andun. I was happy to see Mels. I know she is going through a lot. And I hope, in our own little way, we were able to show our support. Everything happened so fast. And it was a surprise na ma-ICU ung Mom nya. I mean, we were just talking the other day na mag-start na sila with the oral chemo so yung txt nya yesterday that her Mom was transferred to the ICU is a real shocker. I don't even know what to tell her. Paulit-ulit lang ako na "be strong, bru". I know how much this is affecting her and her family. Hay... sana her Mom will respond positively sa mga procedures and medications. Mahirap talaga magkasakit ='(

From St. Luke's, Kuks brought me home. He promised to set-up my new TV, yey!!! =) Hmmn.. successful naman ang pag-set up, but the thing is, I need to buy a TV antenna pala before we can use it. Toink! We thought may rabbit antenna na yun or something. Sana pala bumili na kami kanina 'di ba!?! =( So no DVD marathon tonight... boo...

Here's my new TV... hehe, nice noh!?! =) It comes with a DVD player and a matching TV rack.

CREDITS
FRAME by Audrey Neal
BUTTERFLY by Jasmin Olya
FONT Ravie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love you bru! :)