Friday, August 29, 2008

my DL got robbed

After having dinner with Kuks last night at Gerry's Grill Trinoma, I was seating at the front seat side of the FX waiting for 6 more passengers when I decided to check my phone. There's an SMS from my cousin, Carlo, informing me that my DL was robbed. My heart started to beat fast and I didn't know what to do. With the near empty battery of my phone, I tried to reply to his SMS. I thought it was a joke, but Carlo immediately replied and told me what happened. I was really shocked to hear the bad news :'(

It was almost 12MN when I reached their house. I didn't try to check on my DL... I was too scared to go there. I kept picturing an empty shop... with all my computer units gone. Pao was already asleep so I wasn't able to get all the details. All I had is the confirmation that the hold-up incident really happened. IT WAS TRUE! I went home in disbelief. I was very tired but I wasn't able to sleep. I didn't tell anyone yet, except Jackee. We talked on the phone as soon as I got home. She too was shocked, I forwarded Carlo's SMS while I was inside the FX so she waited for me to arrive. We were together early that afternoon in SMNE raiding the Dept Store checking out the prices of our recent "best buys". She went home ahead because I had to meet Rellie. We didn't know the day will end up like this.

Today, I was able to talk with Pao. He told me what happened. He was seated at the server doing the close-out. One of Pao's friend, Aaron is behind him. My other cousin, Jop is at Computer#10. An unidentified man entered the shop, proceeded to the server and pointed a knife at Pao's neck, demanding for money. Another man entered, and went to Jop's side. He took his celphone. Things happened so fast, the next thing he knew is that they were asked to stand up and go inside the CR. The robbers closed the CR door before fleeing. So they didn't know which way they went.

I went to our Barangay Office to file a blotter. I narrated all the details. I still can't believe it happened. I am scared to that it might happen again. But I'm also thankful that all they took is the sales for the day, nobody is harmed, and my computer units are safe.

... looking at the brighter side.



1 comment:

Nono said...

whew! it's a good thing only cash were taken and nobody was hurt. try to beef up your security as soon as you can. some shops have the door locked all the time. you need to ring the bell to enter.