Tuesday, June 10, 2008

the MIS-happening

Since yesterday was a holiday, I wasn't able to do a lot of my Monday errands. So naturally, I did it all today and I can't believe it ate up my day =( Actually... I had a series of misfortunate events, thus, the title of this entry. I left the house at 9:30 AM to go to my first stop. So I rode a public transpo and missed my stop... because the driver failed to drop me off. I got really pissed because that means I have to travel back. I know I'm slightly at fault too because I've been to that governtment office before and yet I still don't know how to go there commuting. Knowing me... I get lost most of the time. I really have NO SENSE OF DIRECTION. Yes... that's me. I love to travel but getting lost is a major part of it *wink* Anyway, the Brat in me still insist that majority is the driver's fault. I asked him to drop me off and he totally forgot that I'm there. Which led me to be oh so totally late for my first errand... so I got stuck during the office lunch break. Dumbidum. As for my next errand, I had another bloopers as I went to the wrong business office =( The Maynilad office in Zabarte, which I thought is a lot nearer so I went straight there is for customers of North Caloocan only. Meaning I have to go all the way back to Regalado because that's where the Maynilad office for Novaliches customers is. I talked to a lot of Maynilad officers to raise the issue of my overcharged waterbill of P2,679. I didn't know I had a pool party! =) They promised to work on it (they SHOULD) and asked me to go back after 1 week. For my third errand, I went to Novamall to have my printer ink refilled and waited for about 30 minutes. After that I went to the parlor for a pedicure I trully deserve =) I was relaxed for a while but I have to run again to BDO for my bank chuvaness. It's about to close when I got in. I'm so lucky I didn't miss it. I finished all my errands at 5:30PM. I left the house around 9:30AM. Which means I've been in the streets for 8 long hours. Commuting took it's toll on me. My leg already hurts and I still need to rush one more time. I'm meeting Kuks for a movienight at Greenbelt, malapit lang di'ba!?! So I went home and took a quick shower and I'm on the road again...

You guessed it right. I am very very late as I reached Greenbelt at 8PM and the movie started at 7:30PM. We watched the advance screening of "The Happening". It's a paranoid thriller directed by M. Night Shyamalan starring Mark Wahlberg. Since the movie already started when we got in, we got a little confused while watching it. We were able to catch up on the plot after a while but got lost again in the middle of the film. The introduction of the main conflict is visually well done. The characters were running away from a "strange and horrible phenomena". Yes, there were moments that it had me on the edge of my seat, with my fingers covering my eyes (yet I'm also peeking, hihihi), especially on scenes where people in the streets were mindlessly committing suicide. But at the last 40 minutes until the end of the film, I felt hanging. And so is Rellie. We even heard a comment from the person seating behind us, "stupid film!". Hahaha! =) Kuks keep on asking, "Chenelyn, anong nangyari!?!" in his most pang-asar tone. The movie never bothered to move the story past its main conflict. I love Shyamalan's "The Sixth Sense" but this movie... uhmmmn... I think it's not worth watching :P

* You see... today, everything that happened to me is a MIS-happening, hehe *wink*

ikstik

No comments: