Wednesday, July 16, 2008

WANTED: Karpintero

Yesterday, after finding a cheap-ass bed frame in Makro (which I didn't buy yet, filed under Kuks' Approval), and getting a "just like heaven amats" from seeing all the closets in different sizes (I wish i also have the budget for that), I went to Trinoma to meet up with Kuks. I checked out the screening time of WANTED, 7:15PM and 9:45PM. It's already past 6PM so I decided to wait in McDonald's so I can sit and eat something. I ordered fries and Mcflurry though it's already cold because of the bad weather outside. Takaw tingin mode na naman. The clock continued to tick... wala pang anino ni Kuks... pwede na sabitan ng sandok ang nguso ni Chenelyn =( His Highness arrived past the 7:15PM screening kaya nasa 8th floor na ang kilay ko... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! What's new with the MRT hoollaballloooo!?! Hellur!?! To get me out of my not so good mood... I let him buy me dinner. In short, I allowed my Sizzling Porkchop and his Kuks na Kuks na kwento to take away the evil spirits, hehehe! =) I'm so easy to please, di'ba!?! *wink* And as a punishment for being late, he carried my giant umbrella, as in yung Lola umbrella. I can't find my 3-folds umbrella kasi when I left the house so I have no choice but to bring an umbrella as big as me because it was raining. Minus Pogi Points sa kanyang "Polo Barong Executive" look. Sabi nya, "Bumili ka na ng bagong payong ha, wag mo na dadalhin 'to ulet!" Hehehe, QUITS!!! =)

We watched the regular screening of "WANTED" at Cinema 6. From the opening scene, you'd think you are watching something like the "Matrix". And then they introduce to you the main character, Wesley Gibson (James Mc Avoy), who's your average Joe. A man trying to measure up with the expectations of his annoying Boss, overdosing himself with anxiety pills, and keeping mum about the cheating girlfriend and bestfriend. Then he meets Fox (Oh so sexy Angelina Jolie) who later brings him to the secret world of assasins. Angelina really look hot in this film even if she was covered with tattoo, she really looks just as good as she has in her previous shoot 'em up thrillers. Anyway, the band of assasins is headed by Sloane (Morgan Freeman). I also like this man, galing mag-deliver ng dialogues. So they begin to train Wesley and make him understand his past and fate. As bullets curve, heads get punctured, hilarity ensues, and rats explode.... WANTED is action packed but we did enjoy. Lots of visual effects where some may find a bit absurd (what about the Law of Physics!?!) but I still find it very entertaining and worth watching on the big screen. *bigsmile* If you like beautifully crafted action scenes, then you are in for a rock and roll time.

Back to my DL issues... I am still in search for a Carpenter. Booo...


ikstik

No comments: