Saturday, February 7, 2009

Domesticated Chick... Or Not!

Kuks visiting me at "my pad" for dinner on a FRIDAY night!?! Whoa!!! That is really something.

I consider this as one rare occasion so I thought of preparing a special dinner. In as much as I wanted to show off my cooking prowess... I know no one would believe when I make kwento about it. Everyone close to me is pretty sure that the kitchen is not my territory. Oh yes... I don't cook. But that didn't stop me from making something "special" in my own little way.

I quickly gathered my senses and decided on what to buy. Hahaha! I don't cook but I can order. Since I live in planetang pakaskas or Vietnam to friends... choices of food for delivery or to go is very limited. But there's this small ihaw-ihaw sa tabi-tabi where you can buy sumptous Inihaw na Tilapia. I also bought a bottle of "bagoong na isda" from the market, yum-yum! Plus sibuyas at kamatis from the neighborhood talipapa. Imagine the look on the face of the tindera when I told her, "Pwede pakihiwa na rin?" Jologs kasi I don't have a knife at my place.

Presenting... tadah!!!

CREDITS:
PAPER from A New Day Kit by Helena Monteiro
PAPER STRIPS from Cars Go Beep Beep Kit by August Designs
STAPLEWIRE from AnaFlor
WORDART by Ellie Lash
FONT Gigi


CREDITS:
PAPER MAT by Aprilmouse
FLOWER from The Promise Collection Kit by Shabby Princess Designs


CREDITS:
PAPER by Helena Monteiro
PAPER from Strong Shoes Kit by Dale Ann Cubbage/DC Designs
FLOWER from The Promise Collection Kit by Shabby Princess Designs
WORDART by Ellie Lash

No need to call pizza delivery as my "surprise dinner" was a hit. Pardon me for this "yabang moment". I say the tilapia, bagoong, sibuyas and kamatis combo was a hit because he asked for more rice. Yun lang... I only bought 2 orders of rice from the karinderya, hahaha! Toink, bitin pala!

Kuks was sweet the whole time. I know he enjoyed our dinner. Kaya lalo akong na-inspire to prepare food for us. Can you dig that... I get all the lambing for crappy food and table setting (notice my summer inspired plates?), how much more if I start preparing and cooking our own food!?! Hahaha... teka... that thought is starting to sound more like an unreachable dream. Unleashing my culinary prowess!!! Exciting! Wait... I will have to double check if I do have one. This experience made me realize na it's really hard pala to think of what to prepare and cook. Hay... and imagine doing that everyday when you have a family of your own na. But then again, maybe it's easy for some.

Oh the things you do for L-O-V-E



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your blog!
Keep it up!

jen said...

Thanks for visiting and dropping a line! :)