Friday, February 13, 2009

It's Her 60th

I'm back in Manila. Rellie and I catched the last bus trip going to Cabiao last Wednesday night to attend his Nanay's birthday. We arrived around 11PM and we went to church first after dropping our things at their house. It was Fiestang Lourdes. It was already past 12MN when we hit the sack.

The next morning, we woke up really early to prepare for the day's celebration. There were a lot of people who helped clean the house, set the tables outside, and cook. It feels like it's the town fiesta, hehe. Everyone is so busy and there were a lot of things going on. I helped out in the kitchen. Naks! Naki-hiwa-hiwa ako for the Green Salad.

The guests started coming in at 11AM. And it felt like the whole town is invited. Daming tao! When Rellie invited me to join them, I thought it would just be a family thing so I told him 'wag na lang kasi nga I was shy (kuno!). He then explained that they are throwing a party for his Nanay and they wanted me to be there. So I agreed. Sabi pa nya they were expecting like mga around 100 guests. Hala, parang first batch pa lang yung 100 guests. I think there were mga 300 to 400 guests. People came in batches, from lunch to dinner time. Mimay nga was joking, "Naka-formal pa kayong dalawa ha", referring to Rellie and me. Buti nga I wasn't wearing heels eh, hahaha!

We left Cabiao around 9:30PM. Honestly we didn't want to leave yet kasi we were still having fun with Rellie's Tito's and Tita's. Kaya lang, we are riding with Tito Mike and Tita Beth and they have to go back na to Manila. So ayun... hindi na namin nahintay sila Alex, they are still in Arayat when we left Cabiao.

Inside the SUV, I asked Rellie, "Ilang taon na Nanay mo?". He answered, "60". "Ah mas matanda pala ang Nanay mo sa Mama ko nang 1 year. Kaya pala bongga yung party kasi 60 na sya." "Kelan ba mag-birthday ang Mama mo?", asked Kuks. "'Di ba kaka-birthday nya lang nung 26, hindi ka nga nagpunta!" Haha, talk about bitterness and memory gap!

We spent the night at Rellie's house in Retiro. Tulog agad sa sobrang pagod. The next day na kami nakapag-kwentuhan while having breakfast. But it was also short since he has to report for work din, and I have to go home and check my DL's.

Well, I'm happy that I was invited to join them celebrate their Nanay's 60th Birthday. This occasion helped me ease up and be relaxed when I am with his family... especially sa Tatay nya. Sorry I have no photos to share kasi we were all busy attending to the guests needs. Sayang nga eh kasi naka-outfit pa naman ako! Hahaha! All I have are fond memories...

No comments: