Saturday, May 24, 2008

movie... noodles... iced tea... chocolates... what more can you ask for?

We watched the advance screening of "Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" at Trinoma Cinema yesterday. The film will take you back to 1950's - the Russians and nuclear testing. I specifically like the gun powder/warehouse scenes, the motorbike chase, the ants scene and the time that they were able to discover the City of Gold revealing old age mechanisms . Humor was OK and most jokes worked for me. The only scene that bothered me is that Indy survived the nuclear explosion in a refrigerator (huh!?!) and then is whirled away miles through the air, exits the fridge and just walks off? Hehehe... I know things like this happens in action/adventure movies... but stilll... I find it too difficult to believe. I simply don't get it! *wink*

Ultimately, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a film that, while not entirely bad falls short of its mark. Knowing that you have Harrison Ford, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg involved in the film raised so much expectations. But then again, it's simply not possible to top an iconic, legendary film or series. The original can't be beaten, and is next to impossible to match. This Indy movie is entertaining in a sort of way and I had fun and laughed while I was watching it. But it also made me think about Nicolas Cage's National Treasure because they have a similar plot.

Hey... why am I complaining when I get to watch an advance screening and take home some goodies too!?! Hahaha =)

Did I mention that I waited for Rellie for an hour? Hmp!!! Good thing Jackee and Chris were there to save us good seats. Oopps... I think I shouldn't complain about that either because he gave me chocolates. My long over due pasalubong from his Subic trip which we picked up from their house after watching. And I now have my vits with me too! Yey! See? I'm really serious about my goal to gain weight ;-)

* looking forward to more CINEPLEX adventures

ikstik

No comments: