Saturday, May 31, 2008

how often do you COLOR?

I had a short "business meeting" yesterday and I am hoping that it will turn out well. I will elaborate on this when the right time comes. For now, I will keep you guys hanging and hunching =) Just help me pray for a positive outcome.

After the meeting, I agreed to meet up with Lanie which I think is a perfect timing since I am still tensed and excited from my meeting. I needed someone to talk to, though I cannot disclose my "business deal" yet, I just needed someone at that very moment. I was already at Trinoma around 5PM, and she said she'll be able to meet me at 8PM the most. So I went malling in my high heels... from Trinoma to SMNE to Trinoma to pass time. Literally, my feet is already killing me when she arrived at a little past 8 ='(

But she made bawi naman =) We ate at Mexicalli and she treated me with an eye catching dinner. THANKS BRU! Lanie is a good friend of mine way back in my TEEN years. We met because our EX-es are siblings. Both guys are now gone, hehe, I mean they have a family of their own already. But I am glad that Lanie and I remained friends. We don't see each other that often but we have this string that attaches us =) And what matters more is that we are both successful in our own ways and we too have our respective happy relationships. Not yet on the marrying stage... but slowly getting there (Can you see it? My fingers are crossed! Haha!) Slowly... but surely as they say *wink* In fact, she's leaving for the States by July to try her luck and be with her love. Yikee!!!


CREDITS:
FRAME from Sweet Enough by Ellie lash
STITCHES from Douceur d'Automne by Fran
FONT Lima Bean


CREDITS:
FRAME from Just Simple by Monica "Sunshine" Evan
FLOWER from Brandy's Kit by Grumblefluff
FONT A Little Pot

We had to cut our dinner short because we also plan to see "Sex and the City".


I wasn't a huge fan of the series and I was only an occasional watcher. I really didn't follow it so I wasn't 100% familiar with all of the characters and recurring plot lines. I was able to catch the trailer the last time I watched a movie with Kuks and decided right there and then that I will catch this film... with or without him, hahaha =) So good thing my schedule for the day matched with Lanie's, and I'm really happy that I watched it with her. By the way, she's an avid fan so she was able to fill me in with some of the details. This movie is definitely good entertainment and a pleasant couple of hours spent with your girlfriends. Or you can also watch it with your boyfriend perhaps as some of the women in the moviehouse did. I bet those guys were probably dragged along to see this movie as well. But surprise... surprise... Lanie and I can't help but smile whenever we hear men react or laugh out loudly during the movie. Hmmn... they seemed to be thoroughly enjoying it as much as their girlfriends did =)

There were breathtaking costumes, elaborate and witty dialogue, and some interesting twists along the way. So be prepared to see a dazzling display of the fashions. There were a lot of designer clothes, bags, purses, shoes, and jewelries that are a real delight to the eyes. Admit it or not, there's a little label-savvy character in everyone. Who wouldn't want a Louis Vuitton bag, especially if it was given as a gift, right? *wink*

I like the scene where Carrie and Big were discussing about love letters. Hmmn.. I agree, sure as hell, girls would love to receive even short notes on post its. I know it's the age of SMS and all... but hey... WRITE IT! =) I also liked Charlotte's ferocious protection of Carry back to the limo. It nearly caused tears to stream down my face. I think my heart skipped a beat for that particular scene ='( And I can also relate to Carrie's mopping scenes. I also tend to shut the world out in times of emotional wreckage like that. I'm a tough girl I know, but as we all know... LOVE can also weaken you at times... or most of the time *wink* It is impossible to truly understand its logic, whether there is any, and what the gals in the story have given us is the acceptance that sometimes our emotions overrule reason, and this might not be such a bad idea, but it's something that you have to handle very carefully.

If I had one complaint it was that the editing was not as creative. Maybe the nudity and sex scenes were a bit gratuitous and it seemed it was easily cut out of the film. But hey, you guys can do better. Don't leave the audiences caught up in a scene and next thing you know... it's already an entirely different scene. Boo... Not that I'm eager to see the hot sex scenes, ha... harharhar! =)

"Sex and the City" clearly shattered the idea that there was a happily ever after, but it really never turned its back on the concept of hopeless romance, and how we just keep on going regardless of how tough the road can be. As a girl-bonding movie, it certainly works. Two hours that combine love, friendship, survival, and a reaffirming belief that in the end... everything should work out, pretty much the way our hearts hope it will. The movie is smart and witty, sexy and bold, and overall just fabulous. The interesting characters made me want to go back to watch the series on DVD.


"Life doesn't always turn out to be your fantasy
That's why you need friendships that are real to get you through it all."

~*~ Carrie Bradshaw ~*~


* So, if you have a secret that would hurt your best friend to know, should you confess up?

ikstik

No comments: