Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Uncoolness

Sigh. I don't even know where to start. I spent the night calling my friends airing my side about this uncool incident that hit me. I was raving about closing a business deal recently. Yes, I was on a high for quite some time now. But I suddenly fell from the sky... with my face hitting the ground first. Now I feel like bursting! As in I'm mad again It didn't occur to me that something or someone who saved me a few weeks ago will put me in a sh*tty situation. Though I wanted to think that people are generally good... and fair... and nice... right now, I can't help but think that I was betrayed or something.

Last Sunday, my staff didn't report for work again so I spent the whole day at the DL though I am still sick. Which led me to pull out the staff that was "borrowed" from me to go on duty for Monday. He reported for work so I was able to do my errands for the day. I am still not feeling well but I tried to finish everything to be worry and stress free. But Tuesday came and the "borrowed staff" didn't report for work. Good thing my cousin, Pao came in the afternoon so I had the chance to prepare the contract and even thought of delivering it myself. I heard a knock and when I opened the door, there's no need to deliver the contract, he came to sign and pick it up. And he also came to deliver the news that really shocked the hell out of me. The said "borrowed staff" reported for work at their shop. And that he now wants to stay with them. What-the-f*ck-is-happening-here!?! Around 12NN I called up their shop and informed them about the situation, even leaving a message to tell the staff to report at Fidel in case they see him. And now this happens.

Later that night I had a chance to discuss matters with the concerned staff. Though I already know the answers to my questions.. at least I heard it right straight from him. Apparantly, they offered a better compensation package which I can counter offer but I am not going to do it because I don't want to feed the ego of the said staff. My point is... what happened to "business ethics"? What happened to "friendship"?

And today we were able to talk on the phone and all I heard were reasons that I think were easily coated with polite-ness and for the best-ness of the situation and a whole lot of "I am very sorry". A little voice inside of me wants to believe in the sincerity of the apology but I still feel nasty. I was very straight in letting him know how this situation is stressing me, and that I am deeply hurt. Now I will just wait and see on how they will deal with that.

My friends and Kuks are telling me to expect the worst... but I am still hoping that out of friendship or respect or delikadeza or something this matter can still be resolved.

Hay... I know I'll get over this and in time I'll be able to accept it. But right now, I still feel betrayed.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang sama naman non. Hayaan mo na...my karma naman. Si bro na lang bahala sa kanila :))

Anonymous said...

Ang sama naman non. Hayaan mo na...my karma naman. Si bro na lang bahala sa kanila :))