Friday, April 17, 2009

Galaw Galaw sa Tag Araw

In Cabiao, we usually wake up at 6AM. But last Saturday, I woke up at 8AM. Everyone is already busy with their own thing. Still in my jammies, I found myself in the kitchen with Nay. She's preparing the ingredients for our lunch. I told her I'd help her out, so she asked me to cut the sitaw for her. And I did. After that, I asked her what else I can do. That's when I saw the guavas and I blurted out, "Talaga po palang mag-sisigang kayo!" Nanay smiled and said, "Masarap yan!".

So I had my first taste of Sinigang sa Bayabas. It wasn't bad after all. And there's no amoy kili-kili smell that I've bee dreading. Nay attended a reunion so Rellie and I had to take an early lunch with Tay since he won't come with us (and the rest of the clan) to spend the afternoon at Inang's bukid.

After looking for a Vet for one of Rellie's fighting cocks, we're finally on our way to their farm!!! Warning: This is a picture heavy post.



CREDIT:
TAG from Farmhouse Collection Kit by Raspberry Road Designs
STAPLE WIRE by Anaflor Design
FONT ChurchwardBruDReg


CREDIT:
PAPER from Train Kit by June Schutrups (Cen's Stuff)
PAPER by Amanda Kay
FLOWER from Spring Sampler Kit by Kristin's ScrapDesign
FRAME from Spring Sampler Kit by Kristin's ScrapDesign
WORD ART by Bethany

You are now entering "Hacienda Elo". Welcome and enjoy your stay!


CREDIT:
PAPER from Bunny Trail Kit by Mandy Rae Designs
ENVELOPE by Aprilmouse
STRING BORDER from Vintage Winter Kit by Danielle Engebretson Designs
STAPLE WIRE from origami Kit by Akiloune

Every year, Rellie's family hold their Black Saturday family lunch here. What's more exciting this year is they have a newly constructed bahay kubo and I had the chance to be part of this family tradition.

CREDIT:
FONT ChurchwardBruDReg

Family time... bonding time Menu for the day is Sinampalukang Manok. There's also singkamas and pakwan for dessert. Plus minatamis na kamote. And RC cola. This is me loving the simple and laid back life! Bakit dito parang walang problema?

CREDIT:
FLOWER from Some Bunny Kit by Kim Broedelet (Kimb's designs)
FONT Murray Bold


CREDIT:
PAPER from Douceur d'Automne Kit by Fran
PAPER from Spring Sampler Kit by Kristin's ScrapDesign
FLOWER from My Little Bug Kit by Hannah
RIBBON from My Little Bug Kit by Hannah

They have 9 mango trees in this farm. Last Thursday, 35 crates of mangoes were harvested here and they were able to sell it for Php15/kilo and Php12/kilo depending on the size of the mangoes. My eyes really lit up when I saw the crates. And yes... I've been eating mangoes since I arrived in Cabiao as in one to sawa! We're lucky that there's still some left today. I can never get tired of eating hilaw na mangga!!! Oh, this place is a real heaven for me. Nanay also packed mangoes for me to bring home to Manila. Kahit mabigat... inuwi ko talaga!


CREDIT:
FONT NimbusMonL


CREDIT:
PAPER from Birthday Bash Kit by Neverland Scraps of Pixie Treasure


Drool over these mangoes! After the simo't sarap singkamas, hindi namin pinalampas ang mangga. Kung walang bagoong... mag-Patis. Love it! Love it! Love it!


CREDIT:
PAPER from Emma Kit by Amy Watson (Amy W. Design)

FRAME
from Spring Garden Kit by Mira Designs

After all the food trip, photo-op na!!! We started to goof around in the rice fields. The palays were already harvested so it's safe na to run around and play and be like kids again.


CREDIT:
BUTTERFLY from Gap Summer Morning Kit by Barb Derksen

FLOWER from Gap Summer Morning Kit by Barb Derksen
FONT StentorT


CREDIT:
PAPER from Starburst Kit by K Lewis

FRAME
from Spring Garden Kit by Mira Designs
FLOWER from Delightful Kit by Amelie Scrap
RIBBON by Anja Jahn
WORD ART by Bethany


CREDIT:
BEE from Yellow Glurpee Kit by Suzanne C. Walker

FONT Cheryl Hand


CREDIT:
BUTTON from Flowers 'N Buttons Kit by Ellie Lash

RIC RAC by Amanda Kay
RIBBON by Kim Broedelet (Kimb's Designs)
FONT Hand Of Sean

No comments: