Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home for the Holy Week

Rellie is already in Cabiao since Holy Tuesday. I left Manila alone on a Sierra Madre bus. Would you believe I almost canceled this trip for business reasons. I was having second thoughts on leaving my DL for a long time. But I know Rellie will really mind if I don't go. He was starting to toy with the idea that I have other plans that's why I did not immediately said yes to his invitation. He's been teasing me for days with this, "Siguro magswi-swimming ka kaya ayaw mo umuwi". And so... I have to head "home".


CREDIT:
PAPER from Grungy Bug Kit by Christina Brown Designs
FRAME by Manu70
ROAD TRACK from Road Trip Kit by Tracy Drane
ROAD SIGN from Road Trip Kit by Tracy Drane
FONT Arial Black

It's been two months since my last stay in Cabiao. Nothing much changed, except that their garden and backyard are now full of fighting cocks. That afternoon when I arrived, Rellie was busy injecting Vit B for his pets


CREDIT:
STICKER from Sweet Easter Kit by Rgi Musa


CREDIT:
ROOSTER STAMP from Farm House Collection Kit by Raspberry Road Designs


CREDIT:
STICKER from Sweet Easter Kit by Rgi Musa

I'll share a short funny kwento. Jan-Jan climbed the guava tree to get the ripe guavas. But some are already eaten by worms while some are already over ripe, so Rellie told Jan, "Itabi mo na lang. Panuka na lang yan". I didn't understand what he said so I asked...

ME: "Ano yung "panuka"?"
RELLIE: "Pangluto... ung pang-sigang."
ME: "Yaiks... ang baho kaya nun."
RELLIE: "Ano ka!?! Paborito kaya namin yun dito. Ang dalas kaya namin kumain nun."
ME: "Weeeeee????? Hindi nga!?!"

Rellie then shouted out, "Tay, 'di ba paborito natin yung Sinigang sa Bayabas?" And Tay nodded to agree. Rellie looked at me with a smirk on his face. Toink! But the story doesn't end there... no not yet.

During dinner, Tay was talking to Nanay...

TAY: "Nay, mag-sigang ka nga sa bayabas para makahigop tayo ng sabaw."
NAY: "O sige, sa Sabado ng umaga bibili ako ng buto-buto."

I looked at Rellie while I was forcing myself to put up a poker face. Then I caught Tay looking at me before saying, "Kaya lang mukhang hindi kumakain yung isang bata d'yan nun eh", and he laughed. My face went red . Hahaha! Perhaps Tatay was able to hear my conversation with Rellie earlier.

And yes, when Saturday came, we had Sinigang sa Bayabas for lunch. No joke!



No comments: